The following topics will be discussed in detail during this certification course:
Importance of AHJ / NFPA / IBC codes, proper techniques for learning, space detection rules, protection of assets, fire statistics, interior/exterior environments, false alarm prevention, application considerations, fire system design, testing / maintenance / troubleshooting of fire systems, types of detectors, initiating devices, notification devices, job planning, power supplies, wire distances, data input devices, wire types/selection, wire routing and fishing, mounting techniques, rules and mounting placement, life safety codes, supervising stations, inputs/outputs, panel testing, device testing, and inspection techniques.
Online Certification Course Layout:
All approved courses, curriculum, & quizzing will be offered through a self-paced web based training platform. The Certification Test (i.e. final exam) will be a two-hour proctored final exam with a nationally recognized testing company.
- Each group of topics will be divided into 8 titled and clearly identified modules ranging from 1 to 3 hours, for a total of 14 hours. NOTE: Course modules will be delivered through SCORM standard LMS (Learning Management System) compliant software.
- All online course modules are self-paced and can be logged off and on at anytime to where they left off.
- After each module section is completed a mandatory quiz of ten questions will be given, on which learners must score of 70% or better in order to pass and receive course credit.
Most Final Exams are taken ONLINE with national testing company, Proctor Exams. Upon completion of your Certification Course, you will be directed upon the method of how to complete your proctored final exam.
Please verify that you can meet system requirements to complete the final exam.
- After all module sections have been completed, use the automatic single sign-on button to access your Exam via Proctor Exams. This access will appear only after all applicable coursework has been completed.
- A picture ID are needed in order to take the proctored two hour final exam.
- Using your Elite CEU login you will complete the proctored 100 question final exam.
- Once the final exam is passed with a 70% or better, and the Exam Verification has been completed, Elite CEU will be notified and a Certificate of Completion will be processed and sent directly to the student within 2 business days of Exam Verification. We will also send a copy of the certificate to the appropriate governing security board (if required).
- NOTE: If a student fails to pass the exam, they can immediately re-take the online proctored final exam and will pay a $55 retesting fee to Proctor Exams. To purchase an exam at a later date, use your Elite CEU login to to access your single sign-on for purchasing
ELITE BULK PRICING
If you need multiple Certifications for a larger number of students/employees, please see our Bulk Pricing below! This reduction is based on groupings related to the number of students being enrolled at one time. Discounts are received via our Bulk Registration or Bulk Enrollment features.
|Number of Certifications||Price per Certification|
|1 – 9||$299|
|10 – 30||$279|
|31 – 50||$259|