At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the Basics: Gain a comprehensive understanding of what bloodborne pathogens are, their types, and the diseases they can cause.
- Identify Modes of Transmission: Learn about the various ways bloodborne pathogens can be transmitted, especially in a workplace setting.
- Master Prevention Techniques: Understand and apply effective methods to prevent exposure to bloodborne pathogens, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safe handling of sharps.
- Respond to Exposure Incidents: Learn how to properly respond to an exposure incident, including immediate first aid measures, reporting procedures, and post-exposure evaluation.
- Implement an Exposure Control Plan: Understand the components of an effective exposure control plan as per OSHA standards, and learn how to implement such a plan in the workplace.
Valid in the Following States: Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, NC Locksmith, Texas