The focus of this course is to teach all students within the fire system industries the following:
- Identifying and applying current AHJ, IBC, and NFPA (70, 72, 101) codes
- Review of current fire alarm system technology and their applications
- Testing and maintenance of fire alarm systems
- NEC codes regarding wire types and installation methods
- Life Safety Code guidelines and applications
- Communication and signaling of fire alarm systems
- Types of notification and intitiating devices and their functions
- OSHA safety procedures
- NFPA 72 applications
- False alarm prevention
All course material and data will be presented in a clear and accessible manner. Each course will utilize periodic interactions and knowledge checks to engage learners and help them retain knowledge gained. Content will focus on a brief review of foundational topics and a basic education in the information, skills, and techniques needed for Fire Alarm Systems Agents. NOTE: There are no prerequisite requirements for taking this certification series.
Online Certification Course Layout:
All approved courses, curriculum, & quizzing will be offered through a self-paced web based training platform. The Certification Test (i.e. final exam) will be a one-hour proctored final exam with a nationally recognized testing company.
- Each group of topics will be divided into titled and clearly identified modules ranging from 1 to 4 hours, for a total of 14 hours. NOTE: Course modules will be delivered through SCORM standard LMS (Learning Management System) compliant software.
- All online course modules are self-paced and can be logged off and on at anytime to where they left off.
- After each module section is completed a mandatory quiz of ten questions will be given, on which learners must score of 70% or better in order to pass and receive course credit.
Final Exams are taken ONLINE with national testing company, Proctor Exams.
Please verify that you can meet system requirements to complete the final exam.
- After all module sections have been completed, use the automatic single sign-on button to access your Exam via Proctor Exams. This access will appear only after all applicable coursework has been completed.
- A picture ID is needed in order to take the proctored one hour final exam.
- Using your Elite CEU login you will complete the proctored 40 question final exam.
- Once the final exam is passed with a 70% or better, and the Exam Verification has been completed, Elite CEU will be notified and a Certificate of Completion will be processed and sent directly to the student within 2 business days of Exam Verification. We will also send a copy of the certificate to the appropriate governing security board (if required).
- NOTE: If a student fails to pass the exam, they can immediately re-take the online proctored final exam and will pay a $45 retesting fee to Proctor Exams. To purchase an exam at a later date, use your Elite CEU login to to access your single sign-on for purchasing.