Interactive Map: Nevada

Who is the governing agency?

Nevada State Contractors Board
2310 Corporate Circle, Ste 200
Henderson, NV 89074

Nevada State Contractors Board
5390 Kietzke Lane, Ste 102
Reno, NV 89511

Who needs to be licensed in the State of Nevada?

Alarm System Requirements: A statewide license is required for fire detection (subclassification C-2c): the installation, alteration, and repair of electrical sensors and alarms used to detect heat and smoke, including all appurtenances and related wiring.

Electrical Contractor/Electrician Requirements: A statewide electrical contractor license is required (C-2) with several classifications underneath the C-2 license. Electrical work is defined as the installation, alteration, and repair of electrical wires, fixtures, appliances, and apparatuses, and the performance of any related wiring on existing structures.

Low-Voltage Requirements: A statewide license is required for low-voltage systems (subclassification C-2d): The installation, alteration, and repair of systems that use fiber optics or do not exceed 91 volts, including telephone systems, sound systems, cable television systems, closed-circuit video systems, satellite dish antennas, instrumentation and temperature controls, computer networking systems, and landscape lighting.

Classification C-42: Constructing, altering or improving video service networks. The Board will grant to qualified
applicants a license in the specialty of constructing, altering, or improving video service networks. The Board designates such a license as a “classification C-42” license. A person who holds a classification C-42 license may construct, alter or improve video service networks.

What are the educational requirements of the State?

There are not state requirements for continuing education at this time. Continuing education is required only at the county level.

All Elite CEU license specific coursework is approved by NICET for the renewal of NICET Certifications. To update your NICET Certification, review our Fire Systems Category or Industry Code Category for applicable coursework. Remember, this is not a State specific Certification, and our coursework is approved across State lines. For up to date information and requirements for your Certification renewal, you can visit the NICET website here.

All Elite CEU Inc. courses and Certifications are available for General Education.