Who is the governing agency?
You must have a Locksmith license to repair, service, install, inspect, and open and close locks by mechanical means.
What are the Initial requirements for a licensed Security/Fire Alarm Installer?
An applicant must submit an application to the Department of State which notes:
– the applicant is at least 18 years of age
– proof of completion of at least 81 hours of approved education
– a passing score on the States alarm installer examination
– freedom from disqualifying criminal convictions
– proof of fingerprint completion
For additional and up to date information, always verify your licensing requirements via the States website
What are the Initial requirements for a licensed Locksmith?
An applicant must submit an application to the Department of Consumer Affairs which includes:
– Basic Individual License Application
– Photo Identification of Applicant
– Child Support Certification Form
– Granting Authority to Act Affirmation
– Current Color passport-size photograph
– Fingerprints and processing fee
– Proof of Locksmith Qualifications
– License Fee
For additional and up to date information, always verify your licensing requirements via the States website.
What are the educational requirements of the State?
There are no requirements for continuing education at this time.
All Elite CEU license specific coursework is approved by NICET for the renewal of NICET Certifications. To update your NICET Certification, review our Fire Systems Category or Industry Code Category for applicable coursework. Remember, this is not a State specific Certification, and our coursework is approved across State lines. For up to date information and requirements for your Certification renewal, you can visit the NICET website here.
All Elite CEU Inc. courses and Certifications are available for General Education